1. 休姆府 Home House, Portman Square , London
2. Elizabeth, Countess of Home :
ref. 2-1, Shakespeare’s The Merry Wives of Windsor.
ref. 2-2, William Thomas Beckford
3. Beckford’s grandfather , Peter , went to Jamaica in 1661 and became the biggest land keeper on the island till his death in 1710.
4. Elizabeth Gibbons was the only child of William Gibbons and his wife Deborah. She was born in Jamaica.
William Gibbons became richer and got levels up to the top of the society in Jamaica. The place provided religion tolerance and free politics. All these were prohibited in London.
in the early age of 1760s, some speculators went to the island for the fortunes. Gibbons’ had a plantation in religious area, Vera.
Gibbons was born of poor. no theory either no money except bravery.
Beckford was born in Jamaica , in his 10-year-old , inherited 1 million pounds of estates in Jamaica.
5. Maroons, the slaves.
7. London Fire resulted squares established , 从此改变了大都会的空间构成
8. Covent Garden
9. established based on Livorno, Italy.
10. Vosges , Paris 巴黎孚日广场 。以城镇别墅代替旧日的高级住宅。
11. The Great Fire of London 1666
12. 礼仪反映了 货币与权力之间正在变化的平衡关系。
Male was good at getting social interactions in club style. However in George era, women were prohibited to be invited into casinos or clubs dinner parties. Till late 17c, salons developed to be a series of games of showing wisdom based on polite behaviors and personal mood management to avoid any kind of conflicts as a man could as possible.
When Beckford was back to London from west Indies , he intended to sell those lands for authority of power. He made revolution through got union with the Prime Minister， William Pitt.
14. Fonhill Abbey, Wiltshire
老婆去世后造了这个 mansion , 98米. 高和尖顶，为了无限接近天庭里去世的妻子，以此表达爱，悲伤、信仰，
Elizabeth hired 26-year-old architect James Wyatt in 1772. The young man was so popular and famous because of his design , the Pantheon Theatre. He was too busy to concentrate on her mansion. So, Elizabeth fired him and made Robert Adam, which was Wyatt’s strong competitor, to let her dream come true. Finally, Home House became the most shining express among all of Adam’s works in London, perfect interpretation of Elizabeth’s willing as well.
16. Robert Adam : Born in 1728 in Kirkcaldy , Scotland. Father was an architect, too. Was active in a small outstanding intellectuals. Including David Hume. In Robert’s childhood, he Adam Smith were classmates.
He was educated by his father’s book room. Volumes of antique and classical collections on essays and their English translations about architecture from French and Italy over there.
Robert also found some print out which were painted in Holland. He copied them with great feverish in order to practice his eyesight.
he put his passion on the scenery paintings about ancient Rome that was painted by Piranesi.
17. Robert Adam 师从 Giovanni Battista Piranesi 皮拉西尼
18. Canaletto , Vedute 风景画 in Rome
Canaletto: Vedute in Rome
19. Stairwell 楼梯井
这堵墙给你一个幻觉，认为是upstairs. 上到顶后，台阶并不是平的，而是往下，蹩仄，一直downstairs 到下一层，直到在 起点位置碰头。是一个圆圈⭕️circle .看图形达观多了
Robert Adam 创建了一间圆形的前庭和一段颇具皇家风范的楼梯。以单破梯道上升到一定高度后，这座楼梯向两边分开，各自贴着墙面，以弧形的方式蜿蜒上升到二楼的楼面。楼梯井则一直通到建筑的第三层，然后在其顶端冠以一座穹顶。
20. Home House Stories
Jane Austin 《曼斯菲尔德庄园》，Wimpole, Marleybone , London